We hope you have all had a good Christmas break, and welcome the New Year with our latest Planning Report with up-to-date information on Planning Applications including developments in:
- Ash Tree Close
- Fairhaven Avenue
- Land to the Rear of Shirley Inn Public House
- Orchard Avenue
- Orchard Park High School
- Wickham Road and Woodmere Avenue.
With additional updates on our Planning Complaints and you can now take a look at all of our representation forms for the Croydon Local Plan Review.
Also, take a look at the MORA Planning App, which gives you an easy way to track all the current and recent planning applications within the MORA area. It’s simple to use and free for you to access.
The Shirley North ward panel meeting will be held on Friday 3rd January 2020 at 7pm.
The ward panel meeting is open to residents, resident associations, local businesses and any individuals within the Shirley North ward.
All are welcome to attend and speak with local officers in regard to any crime related issues within the local area.
New PC to the team Miriam Chapman-Rosenfeld and new PCSO to the team Skye Shannon are looking forward to their first ward panel meeting.
The meeting will be held at Shirley Parish Hall, 81 Wickham Road.
If you have been a victim of crime and wish to report it please call 101. Crimes can also be reported online on 0800 555 111.
In case of an emergency call 999.
Remember, you can also report crime online on our website: https://www.met.police.uk/
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
MORA has been representing and a part of Shirley for the past 96 years. We represent people who live in the Monks Orchard area. One of the oldest residents’ associations in Croydon, we’ve set our sights on reaching our centenary and beyond, so we can continue to protect where we live.
We’ve made some changes to our website so please do have a browse around. In particular check out our new stories page, our area map, our magazine archives, our crime alerts page, and our monthly Planning Reports. You can also view our Christmas leaflet online. Be sure to check it out!
We have an AGM event on Wednesday 22nd April 2020 at Orchard Park High School from 7pm. We’ll update you on the work that we have been doing and what we have planned for the future towards our centenary and beyond. We hope to see you there!
To continue to fund our work we rely on the goodwill and continued support of local businesses, so please consider using them and remember to mention us.
It’s getting cold outside so why not curl up, relax and have read of our stories?
- You may have read about Chaffinch Brook in some of our Planning Reports, but now you can discover the story of its history and where it leads.
- In the year our country commemorated the 75th anniversary of D Day, we remember those lost in the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (REME) workshops with a personal story from one of our Committee Members.
- Did you know that many films, TV Shows and Commercials have been made in Croydon? Read our on-location story when a commercial was filmed in Shirley.
- England’s most notorious highwayman terrorised the nation’s travellers and became a legend in his own lifetime. But did you know that he once lived and robbed in the area which is now known as Croydon?
Do you have a story about Shirley? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and share it on our new stories page.