As the four tests of easing lockdown are said to be met, the government is continuing to take steps to ease lockdown rules.
Therefore, from 19 July:
- No limits on how many people can meet
- 1m-plus guidance removed (except in some places like hospitals and passport control when entering)
- Face coverings no longer required by law, although the government has advised people to wear them in crowded and enclosed spaces such as shops and on public transport
Events and gatherings
- Nightclubs can reopen
- Pubs and restaurants no longer table-service only
- No limits on guests at weddings and funerals
- No limits on people attending concerts, theatres or sports events
- No restrictions on communal worship
- Limits on visitors to care homes will be removed.
- From 16 August, most Covid restrictions in schools – including “bubbles” – will end.
- From the same date, fully vaccinated adults will not need to self-isolate after contact with a positive case.