Sarah Jones, Croydon Central’s Labour MP, has begun a series of advice sessions to try to help her constituents through the cost of living crisis.
The MP is holding advice sessions in locations across her constituency, where she will be joined by staff from Citizens Advice and volunteers from the Food Stop.
At each session, residents will be able to get one-to-one advice to access support with the cost of living, to ensure that they have applied for the right benefits and be offered information about additional help and support schemes.
The cost of living is rising at the fastest rate for 40 years, with the Bank of England forecasting inflation to reach 13per cent in the last quarter of this year. With energy bills expected to be subject to massive increases again in October, it is low-income households who are hardest hit.
The Croydon Central MP’s advice sessions are as follows:
- Friday 30th September, New Addington Library, Central Parade, CR0 0JD 11.15am–1.30pm
- Monday 3rd October, Longheath Community Centre, CR0 7TD 6pm–8.30pm
- Thursday 6th October, the new Family Centre, Fieldway, CR0 9AZ noon-2.30pm
- Friday 7th October, Shirley Library, CR0 8BH 2.30pm-4.15pm
- Thursday 13th October, Shirley Community Centre, Shrublands, CR0 8JA 10.30am–1pm
- Friday 14th October, Sarah Jones MP’s office, 43 Blackhorse Lane, CR0 6RT 2pm-4.30pm
- Friday 21st October, Forestdale venue TBC, 10.30am-1pm